Experienced mechanical / piping / skid designer
Hourly position with benefits, reports to Director of Engineering
- Associate degree in design / drafting, (minimum) with relevant work experience in piping, modular skid design incorporating pumps, valves, instruments.
- Must be AutoCAD 2015 Proficient and Inventor version 10 (or later)
- Other software used: Office 2013 suite
Background / Experience:
- Prior employment with OEM, similar / identical position desired.
- Shop fabrication / welding / machining knowledge required.
Mechanical designer, consisting of but not limited to: prepare & update new and existing equipment fabrication drawings; inspection & functional testing of fabrications / designs; maintain records of products, drawings and product testing; execute new design & development projects as requested.
Maintain parts database in accounting package; special graphics rendering from ACAD drawings as requested to support sales / marketing efforts.
Individual will work at direction of project managers, taking new or existing concept schematic(s) / drawings and incorporating purchased elements (pumps, valves, motors, instruments, vessels etc) on sanitary process skid(s) building a 3D model; prepare equipment drawings for customer approval, detailed bill of materials for each skid, detailed sub-assembly fabrication drawings for in-house as well as third party vendors.
Working knowledge in design and preparation of fabrication drawings for modular process skids as well as understanding of sanitary welding processes including 3A, AWS 18.1 and USDA standards is desired, but not required.
How to Apply
No calls please.