Sales / Account Manager
The Sales / Account Manager serves as the primary customer interface for SBS. The AM is a self-motivated, solutions-driven individual who is responsible to manage the sales cycle from opportunity identification, to management of client acquisition process, and following up on executed sales orders.
Manage and generate sales of a global Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). Increase SBS revenue at new and existing customers, who serve in multiple industries and markets, while being globally positioned. Develop strategic relationships at each customer positioning SBS to be the valued / preferred supplier for their Powder Handling and Powder / Liquid Mixing needs.
We are seeking a motivated individual who wants to sell a truly unique product to Fortune 50 corporations around the world.
It’s rare you have the opportunity to sell a one-of-a-kind solution. However, we offer a line of patented manufacturing solutions that no other competitor can match for efficiency and end-user benefits. Now we need someone who can meet the challenge of increasing our market penetration with our solutions.
This is your opportunity to be a key member of the sales team of a company with huge growth potential. Build and manage your own sales accounts to deliver this goal and your own potential for growth is unlimited.
You must demonstrate a proven track record of growing a sales team and sales productivity. We are a small company. There is nowhere to hide, so if you have not met this challenge in the past on your own, you should not apply.
If you believe sales only come from action, not from waiting for the phone to ring, this is the position for you.
Direct Sales Management
Responsible for execution of annual sales plan to achieve sales objectives in existing accounts as well as new applications. Plan elements should include increasing sales / additional growth within existing accounts and applications. Develop tactics and strategies to support sales plan. Monitor progress toward sales objectives and develop and execute corrections in strategies & tactics as indicated.
For assigned accounts, develop and manage sales processes to guide clients toward closure. Value sell through-out entire sales cycle via application discussions, process / system scope, proposal generation & presentation, and demonstration coordination.
- Serve as client relationship manager, building credibility and respect at all levels of the customer s organization by building and maintaining long-term client relationships.
- Responsible for full sales cycle from opportunity identification, to management of client acquisition process, through contract closure, and following up on executed orders.
- Track customer maintenance/capital planning processes to position SBS products and services for selection.
- Support sales process by developing account plan, identifying necessary resources, leading client interface, and coordinating various resources to develop opportunities and close business.
- Conduct account analysis and territory planning to enable appropriate allocation of time to accounts and clients.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of existing and new product and service offerings.
- Responsible for managing internal communications required to prepare and deliver customer proposals.
Responsible to formulate and establish sales goals based upon current and future planned customer activity in support of overall sales and marketing plans. Periodically update and present comprehensive sales forecast for use in enterprise planning activities, including estimated close date, dollar values, equipment mix by customers / by market / by territory. Work within sales department to update forms and proposals as needed to increase effective communication with clients.
Where proposals are assigned to representatives, coordinate follow-up and reporting of proposal status, assist reps with presentation to clients and sales process toward closure.
New Business Development:
Responsible to execute multi-year industrial plan to achieve sales objectives in new accounts as well as new applications. Accountable for plan to enable introduction / penetration at an account level. Assesses market opportunities, generates client leads and develops business plan, pipeline, to meet revenue objectives. Takes active role in developing sales skills of other team members through mentoring while engaged in client delivery.
Schedule, develop and execute training sessions for new reps and/or Partners, and introduce products to selected clients via “lunch and learns, technical presentation meetings, seminars, webinars, etc.
Representative Sales Management:
As required, interview, evaluate, select and train new reps for open territories / channels where indicated and supported by sales plan. Includes setting and communicating sales and performance goals; determination of commission distribution & assignment of territory; oversight of contracts; ongoing support and training in company products / processes as well as assistance with system scopes and customer meetings as needed.
Demonstrations & Tests:
Ensure effective coordination between technical department and customers / reps when arranging & scheduling demonstrations at company and / or field trials at client sites. Establish and communicate clear, quantifiable test goals and expected outcomes before, during and after testing. Oversight of post-test follow-up activities designed to move sales process toward closure.
This position requires a professional Sales Manager capable of representing company at highest level in multiple markets and geographic locations.
- Degreed Engineer [Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical] in processes and projects relating to the food & beverage industry; as well as chemical & industrial processes is required.
- Experience in powder handling and processing of powders and liquid mixing would be preferred.
- Ability to review process application and develop technical scope of supply based on company’s processes.
- Ability to develop & execute on comprehensive sales plans to achieve a defined growth rate in targeted world-wide markets, to establish a strong presence for company to targeted industries.
- Ability to define market opportunities within target markets and capability to develop and implement sales plans, Tactics and Strategies to achieve continuing growth in targeted markets.
- Demonstrated success in selling high end capital equipment in the food and industrial process markets is highly desired.
- Capability to define, develop and implement partnering relationships with engineering companies, process equipment manufacturers and integrators within targeted industries.
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven record of accomplishment in sales (5-10 years preferred)
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Ability to quickly develop deep understanding of products and services for the various industries
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, WebEx tools
- S./B. A. degree or equivalent; Chemical or Mechanical Engineer preferred
Key Attitudes & Behaviors
- Respectful – core value
- Trustworthy – core value
- Accountable – goal, results oriented
- Communicative – clear / concise / consistent
- Self-aware – play to individual strengths, manage developmental areas
- Energetic – upbeat / passionate / level-headed / focused
- Consultative – empathetic / engaged
- Organized – prepared
- Learning – passionate / well versed / build core competencies / tech savvy
- Responsive – persistent, yet respectful & patient
- Team Player – valued company asset
- Individual Contributor – manage your time / schedule
- Creative – ability to manage ambiguity
How to Apply
No calls please.