CASE STUDY #4530
Ready-to-drink beverage manufacturer increased profitability and quality by batching their own non-GMO sugar liquefication.
RTD Non-GMO Sugar Case Study
This manufacturer of ready-to-drink beverages wanted to supplement their purchasing of liquid GMO sugar with the ability to batch non-GMO sugar, at 55-58” Brix syrup, from bulk bags.
To meet their sugar liquefication goals, Semi-Bulk Systems engineered a customized solution including:
- Utilized Vacucam® Mixer on Tank (MOT) Batch Sugar Liquefication Process.
- A dry handling solution delivering dry sugar from our unique Bulk Bag Unloader with a 2.7 foot cubed dry hopper design including load cells.
- A modified liquefication skid design that allowed the manufacture to produce the required non-GMO liquid sugar on a batch basis with a small plant footprint.
The Results: We delivered Our Performance Guarantee that:
- Self-manufacturing of non-GMO liquid sugar.
- Limited space usage.
- Short batch cycle times.
- Reduced inbound syrup transportation costs.
- Reduced raw material cost by buying non-GMO sugar on the open market.
- Managed risk of syrup quality by using own treated water.
- Effective collaboration with manufacturer’s contract engineers for smooth commissioning and start up.
Would you like to know how Semi-Bulk System’s solutions can improve your beverage production profitability? Contact us or call 800-732-8769.