The VACUCAM® Modular Solutions offer the total solution to meet all of your mix room needs
— both for today’s immediate challenges and tomorrow’s changing requirements and capacity demands.
The VACUCAM® Slurry Process is the most effective method for the complete dispersion of whey and milk proteins,
gelatin, pectins, gums, starch, sugar and all other dry ingredients typically used in the manufacture of
pourable dressings, dips and sauces, meats and other food products.
Semi-Bulk Systems has applied its technology and experience in Powder Handling & Powder/Liquid Mixing to provide the most efficient food processes.
Improved powder liquid mixing for batch to batch consistency.
New food introductions require additional process requirements:
- To handle changing ingredients that cannot be mixed efficiently with traditional mix stations or mixing technology.
- To handle bulk bag addition of ingredients as well as small packages for dry and liquid minors.
- To handle the changing needs for sweeteners and addition of totally new ingredients.
Expand your process capabilities for a TOTAL mix process.
- Meet growing and changing demands w/modular additions to existing system.
- Build TOTAL sustainable process for ALL mix requirements.
- Meet 3A/USDA specifications
- Accommodate dry feed from paper bag, drums, bulk bag or bulk.
- Achieves CIP compatibility of all components on both the dry and the wet sides of the process.
Semi-bulk Systems, Inc. is a proud member of the following trade associations:
- Complete dynamic dispersion
- Easily mixes multiple ingredients
- Isolates dry ingredients representing allergic or other cross-contamination issues.
- Maximizes powder incorporation rates
- Full CIP capability
- Multi-functional design allows for maximum utilization.
- Sugar-on-demand – eliminates need for sucrose syrup storage. Delivers batch quantity directly into blend tank.
- Sugar – high capacity, using Semi-Bulk Systems unique powder handling / sugar liquefication processes.
- Cocoa – Integrates into UHT process with complete dispersion and controlled amount of shear on cocoa.
- Functionalize gums & stabilizers without sheer
- Meets 3A/USDA standards
- Accommodates smaller footprint – simplified unit operations
- Clean, dust-free operation – no dust collection on batch tank
- Total Automation – Integrates Batch Menu Controls.
- Improves Operator Safety & GMP
- Eliminates high frequency injuries with ergonomic process design
- Floor level operation
- Eliminates operator platforms
- Reduces manual handling by moving from small bag to bulk bag capability
- High capacity rates – can feed several lines with minimum batch cycle times
- Minimum batch times
- Increase product yields
- Batch to batch consistency
- Improved overall mix quality.
- Maximized efficiency of the UHT process.
- No fisheyes/agglomerates
- Allows for parallel processing – eliminates sequential batching for functional ingredients, sweeteners, cocoa, and sugar.
- Low / No maintenance – Pump is only moving part.
- Low energy consumption
- Low labor requirements
The Total Solution for Food
The TOTAL SOLUTION for Food manufacturing is provided in standardized modular skids to address mix processes and with total design dry handling systems to address dry bulk ingredients, bulk bags, paper bags or minor ingredients.
VACUCAM® Ejector Mixer
Semi-Bulk Systems VACUCAM® Ejector Mixer Dynamic Batching Station provides the most efficient dispersion, mixing and hydration of ALL dry ingredients used in today’s broad range of product types and ALL processes.
The Vacucam® Ejector Mixer is the most effective system available for conveying, wetting, and dispersing powders into liquids.
Here is how it works.
Conditioned powder is conveyed into the mixer by a near-perfect vacuum, which is created when pressurized fluid is discharged as a high-velocity, hollow jet into which the powder is drawn.
The high speed dispersion mixer.
The Vacucam® system achieves high-speed, instantaneous and complete wetting by bringing together conditioned powder and highly atomized liquid from two separate streams, incorporating particles of liquid with particles of powder. The reactive surface areas of both the powder and the liquid are maximized before intimate contact is actually made. The result is consistently uniform, superior wetting without the agglomeration or “clumping” usually associated with conventional mixing methods.
Semi-Bulk Systems can design and integrate the Vacucam® in-line system to feed finished slurry into multiple locations of your preference, such as storage or mix tanks. Your entire process can be physically separated and centrally controlled. Semi-Bulk Systems provides options such as mounting the Ejector-Mixer on your tanks or integrating our system with your existing process.
The best fluid ejector upgrade with improved efficiency over the traditional fluid mixer.
Since the Vacucam® system achieves high-speed, instantaneous and complete mixing, it makes it perfect for fluid mixing too. You can bring together highly atomized liquids from two separate streams for batch to batch consistency and uniform mixing.
The Air-Cone® Hopper’s ability to condition difficult powders makes it ideal for applications where dependable flow and total discharge are critical. Batch-to-batch variations due to material hold-back are virtually eliminated when it is used as a weigh hopper.
Since the conditioned powder is able to flow freely, the Air-Cone® Hopper is an excellent feed source for vacuum conveyors and for the VACUCAM® Ejector Mixer above.
Here’s how the system works
An inner membrane completely covers the surface where product comes into contact with the cone. Low pressure “conditioning” air or inert gas is distributed by an air supply manifold and diffused through the membrane wall. When the dry ingredients are conditioned, they assume the properties of a liquid and can then flow smoothly and accurately into your manufacturing process. This aeration process eliminates some of the typical production problems with difficult powders such as bridging and rat holes.
Total Dry Mix Automated Process
- Single In-Line process to deliver to selected mix tanks
- Separate dry room from wet area
- Bulk bag handling of major ingredients, paper bag handling of minor ingredients
- Multiple bulk bag hoppers for automated powder delivery of all dry ingredients
Dry Side Delivery
- Paper Bags
- Bulk Bags
- Bulk Truck
- Bulk Rail
- Bulk Silo
Semi-Bulk Systems, Inc. is considered by many of the ‘Fortune 50’ food manufacturers to be their true partner in developing specific processes customized to maximize their competitive and profitability positions. We enter into strict confidentiality agreements which allows us to completely understand each customers’ products and their primary objectives. We dig deep to identify formula constituents, volume requirements, cycle times, facility logistics and more. We provide our customers with the opportunity to see their product produced in our pilot plant or in their facility. We will then present them with a written Process Performance Guarantee for the process we have proposed. Our proposals include a description of the many benefits that will be realized by making the change to our Dynamic Mix Making Technology. This breakdown of benefits is what we call: ProcessXstreamLiningsm.
The VACUCAM® Slurry Process is the most effective method for the complete dispersion of whey and milk proteins, gelatin, pectins, gums, starch, sugar and all other dry ingredients typically used in the manufacture of pourable dressings, dips and sauces. Vacucam® Processes are designed and built to USDA/3A specifications and include CIP compatibility of all components on both the dry and the wet sides of the process. Semi-Bulk Systems, Inc. belongs to several Dairy Industry and industry related organizations.
Other Food Applications
VACUCAM® Slurry Processes for Gums, Thickeners, Stabilizers and other functional ingredients are designed for single pass mixing and fully automated dry ingredient handling.
Plant Based Proteins
Plant Based Proteins
We provide mixing solutions that achieve full incorporation and functionality of expensive plant-based protein ingredients to scale with consumer demand.
The VACUCAM® Ejector Mixer provides several high capacity processes for efficiently making all Pickle Room mixes and Spice Mix additions on a semi-automated or totally automated basis.